The Mission of Purely Health is to provide high quality health care services and products, education, and community development through a business that is dedicated to sustainable ecological practices, cooperative management and equitable delivery of services and products. This mission will be continuously pursued in the following ways:
Promote the immediate and long-term health of clinic customers, within a context that adheres to the 6 principles defining naturopathic medicine:
Vis Medicatrix Naturae – utilize the healing power of nature
Tolle Causam – identify and remove the causes of disease whenever possible
Treat the Whole Person – consider the individual and their personal experience within the context of the multifaceted nature of health and disease
Do No Harm – utilize methods and medicinal substance which minimize the risk or harmful effects and apply the least possible force or intervention necessary to restore health
Docere – use the role of physician to educate patients about health and disease
Prevention – work both individually and socially to create conditions that promote continued healthy living
How is Purely Health different from another doctor’s office?
What should I expect from a visit with a PH physician?
• Complete and thorough history
• Space for you to voice your concerns
• Working together to decide how to proceed
• High level of patient responsibility
• Common sense approach to your set of symptoms
• Caring, compassionate listening every step of the way
• Complete respect for YOUR health care choices
If I started naturopathic treatment today, how would my life be different in a year?
• Better sleep
• More energy
• Better moods
• Fewer chronic symptoms
• Deeper understanding of what your symptoms mean and how they relate to each other
• Knowing the BEST lifestyle for you and its influence on your day-to-day wellbeing
What role will a naturopath take in my life or on my health care team?
• Can act as your primary care, but can also complement your conventional care
• Partner in looking beyond your symptoms for the underlying cause
• Part therapist, part primary care, part health coach, part cheerleader
• By removing chronic health issues, can help you attain your life’s purpose and do more of what you love to do
• Your trusted advisor as you restore balance and health to your life
How do the PH doctors define optimal health?
• Minimal symptoms
• Good sleep, positive mental outlook, balanced appetite
• Ability to adjust to changing life conditions
• Quick adaptation to stressful situations
• Understanding the impact of your food choices and lifestyle
• Acute illnesses occur once or twice a year
• Absence of chronic disease
• High level of fulfillment and self-reported “well-being”
If my symptoms are currently managed with medication, why should I seek naturopathic care?
• To find out about the reasons why you developed your illness
• To determine how to prevent a progression of your current diagnosis
• To achieve true cure, meaning life without daily medication or supplements