Gluten-free Pizza Crust
Flour mix – (it’s easiest to make a bunch of this, store it in a container, and then you have it ready to go when you want to make pizza. So, where it says “parts”, use cups.)
6 parts brown rice flour
2 parts potato starch
1 part tapioca flour
1) Grease pizza pans.
2) In a bowl, mix (at high speed with a hand mixer):
1.5 cups flour mix
1 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 packet (1/4 oz) of dry quick-rise yeast granules
1 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup water, warm/hot
*optional: dried herbs- rosemary/thyme/oregano etc.
3) Spoon dough into center of prepared pan. Use spatula to spread dough. Frequently dip the spatula in warm water to help spread the dough and clean the spatula. Spread dough so it covers pan in an even layer. Cover with a light cloth and let it rise in a warm place for AT LEAST 30 minutes.
4) Preheat oven to 375-400 while dough is rising.
5) Bake for 10 minutes (dough is still on cookie sheet).
6) Put on your toppings and put the pizza directly on the oven rack, cooking it for another 8 - 10 minutes. Adjust baking temp and/or baking time to achieve desired “crustiness”.