The Mission of Purely Health Clinic is to provide high quality health care services and products, education, and community development. This mission will be continuously pursued by emphasizing:
• Patient-centered health care
• Patient accountability
• A holistic approach when addressing patients' health concerns
We promote the immediate and long-term health of clinic customers, by adhering to the 6 principles defining naturopathic medicine:
- Vis Medicatrix Naturae – utilize the healing power of nature
Tolle Causam – identify and remove the causes of disease whenever possible
Treat the Whole Person – consider the individual and their personal experience within the context of the multifaceted nature of health and disease
Do No Harm – utilize methods and medicinal substance which minimize the risk or harmful effects and apply the least possible force or intervention necessary to restore health
Docere – use the role of physician to educate patients about health and disease
Prevention – work both individually and socially to create conditions that promote continued healthy living
We promote patient wellness by supporting four fundamental pillars of health. These include nutrition, exercise, sleep and stress management.
What should I expect from a visit with a PH physician?
• Complete and thorough history
• Space for you to voice your concerns
• Caring and compassionate listening
• Complete respect for your health care choices
If I started naturopathic treatment today, how would my life be different in a year?
• Better sleep
• More energy
• Better moods
• Fewer chronic symptoms
• Deeper understanding of what your symptoms mean and how they relate to each other
• Knowing the BEST lifestyle for you and its influence on your day-to-day wellbeing
What role will a naturopath take in my life or on my health care team?
• Can act as your primary care physician, but can also complement your conventional care
• Partner in looking beyond your symptoms for the underlying cause
• Part therapist, part primary care, part health coach, part cheerleader
• By removing chronic health issues, can help you attain your life’s purpose and do more of what you love to do
• Your trusted advisor as you restore balance and health to your life
How do the PH doctors define optimal health?
• Minimal symptoms
• Good sleep, positive mental outlook, balanced appetite
• Ability to adjust to changing life conditions
• Quick adaptation to stressful situations
• Understanding the impact of your food choices and lifestyle
• Acute illnesses occur once or twice a year
• Absence of chronic disease
• High level of fulfillment and self-reported “well-being”
If my symptoms are currently managed with medication, why should I seek naturopathic care?
• To find out about the reasons why you developed your illness
• To determine how to prevent a progression of your current diagnosis
• To achieve true cure, meaning life without daily medication or supplements